In the beginning, Sampaloc was a barrio of Lucban called Dingin consisting of three sitios. Later, the name was changed to Alfonso Trece in honor of the then King of Spain.
In 1873, Captain Pedro Cadelina of Lukban recommended the creation of a municipality of the Barrio but inhabitants being still few, It was named merely Visita. At that time, Teniente Mayores was appointed to head the visita. The first of whom was Juan Palillo followed by Arcadio Veluya, Laureano Ranola, Silverio Abueva and Juan Saludades.
Through the efforts of Juan Pineda who became "absolute" in 1892, Sampaloc became a municipality. It was named after a big tamarind tree found in the center of the settlement.
Buri Production and weaving, local food and delicacies, woodwork like furniture and chess making.